The Fitness Attendant is the first point of contact with all members entering the University of Ottawa’s fitness centres. Their presence in the fitness centres serves many purposes, most importantly helping members by answering questions and ensuring the proper use of equipment. Attendants must also ensure that members observe proper gym etiquette and follow fitness centre rules. Furthermore, attendants will ensure that the fitness centres and all equipment are well maintained by periodically checking and cleaning throughout their shifts. Fitness attendants must also be certified and be ready to provide first aid should such a situation arise. Fitness attendants may be asked to work day, evening and/or weekend shifts at the Sport Services fitness centres.
- A background in physical fitness, physical education, exercise physiology and/or health promotion
- Some specialized training in the areas of personal training &/or exercise physiology
- Current Standard First Aid and CPR-C/AED from an agency approved by Ontario WSIB
- Fluently bilingual in both French and English (written, spoken, read)
- Supervise all members of our fitness facilities and maintain a safe, friendly and welcoming environment
- Work with Client Services to answer any questions clients may have
- Give orientations to our new members to familiarize them with our facilities
- Assist in maintenance of all fitness/wellness equipment (including personal training, health/activity, group fitness, and fitness equipment)
- Assist in the cleaning of all fitness equipment
- Advise the manager of malfunctioning equipment and needed replacements
- Communicate with leaders and staff by providing them information on equipment, and feedback from participants on an on-going basis
- Conduct daily inspections of fitness equipment
- Bring requests for equipment from participants/clients to the attention of the manager
Please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org Manager - Fitness and Instructional Programs.