Number of Positions: 1 or more based on operational need
Various shifts: days, evenings, and weekends
Affiliation: CUPE 2626-1 Lifeguards
Hourly Rate: $15.30 to $17.89 per hour, dependent on shift worked
Duration: Part-time work (up to 24 hours/week) available
- Performs the surveillance necessary to ensure the safety of all aquatic centre users.
- Prevents accidents by enforcing health regulations, policies and procedures pertaining to the aquatic centre.
- Performs rescues and first aid necessary for the preservation of life in a team setting.
- Teaches aquatic instructional programs outlined in the Sports Services curriculum.
- Completes administrative and support tasks including pool tests, attendance, incident reports, instructor report cards, facility maintenance tasks and duties as assigned by supervisor
- The position requires the flexibility to work morning, day, night and/or weekend shifts at the aquatic centre.
- Age: Minimum 16 years of age
Current Aquatic Certifications:
- Lifesaving Society National Lifeguard: Pool Option
- Standard First Aid with CPR-C and AED from one of: Lifesaving Society, Canadian Red Cross, Canadian Ski Patrol or St. John Ambulance
- Lifesaving Society Airway Management or an equivalent oxygen therapy certification
- Aquatic Instructor Certification (Lifesaving Instructor preferred (Swim or Lifesaving))
- Advanced aquatic qualifications considered an asset
- Working knowledge relative to an aquatic and sport environment
- Past experience working in an aquatic setting
- Ability to handle the stress of an emergency situation
- Excellent public relations and customer service skills
- Experience in using computer systems and software such as Windows, Word processing, spreadsheets/databases, e-mail and Internet
- Responsible, organized and excellent time management skills
- Ability to work independently and in a team
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Bilingualism – French and English (spoken, read and written) considered an asset
- Resume and Certifications: Please send your resume and proof of aquatic certifications to firstname.lastname@example.org ; Subject line: Lifeguard / Sauveteur
- Skills Screening: The aquatic coordinator will communicate with the applicant to schedule an aquatic skills screening to evaluate their lifeguarding skills.
- Register: Register for an Aquatic Skills Screening using barcode 10184
- Interviews: Successfully screened candidates may be asked for interview.
- Police Records Check: Selected candidates will need to provide proof of a vulnerable sector police records check.
We thank all candidates for applying. We will only contact candidates selected for further consideration.