The University of Ottawa, Sports Services is seeking high-energy, organized individuals who will be responsible for the day-to-day operations of all Gee-Gees home Football, Soccer, Rugby, Ice Hockey, Volleyball and Basketball varsity events in addition to special department activities.
The Varsity Event Staff team coordinates logistical support for teams and fans whilst providing a safe, enjoyable, and efficiently operated venue for all Gee-Gees varsity home events. This is an exciting opportunity for students to work in an energetic, team-based sport environment at the University of Ottawa. Please note that the majority of events take place on the weekends, and as such applicants must be available to work most weekends.
- Game day operations
- Facility and event set-up/ tear-down
- Event access control, crowd management, and security
- General game support
- Must be a registered University of Ottawa student
- Ability to work 10 hours per week, predominantly evenings and weekends
- Ability to exercise initiative, and good judgment
- Ability to work with a diverse group of people
- Able to stand for long periods of time and lift over 20 pounds
- Experience in customer service
- Strong interpersonal, leadership, communication, and organizational skills
- Knowledge of Gee-Gees varsity sports considered an asset
- Bilingualism is an asset
All interested candidates must email a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Please note your full name and position title in the subject line of your email.