In accordance with the University of Ottawa's guidelines, capacity has been reduced in our sports facilities to ensure physical distancing and other safety measures are maintained. For this reason, sports facilities including fitness centres, gyms and the pool will only be available to students until further notice. We apologize for the inconvenience and look forward to welcoming you back into our facilities soon.
The uOttawa Minto Sports Complex contains two ice rinks, one of which hosts the Gee-Gees women’s and men’s hockey varsity teams. This ice rink also includes 840 seated places for the spectators and a gallery.
Helmet Use During On-Ice Activities Policy
CSA-certified hockey helmets are
- strongly recommended for everyone participating in on-ice activities at the Minto Sports Complex.
- mandatory for participants enrolled in registered activities offered by uOttawa, such as Campus Recreation skating lessons.
According to Ottawa Public Health, CSA-certified hockey helmets:
- Provide optimal protection from head injury during on-ice activities.
- Are designed to provide multi-impact protection from multiple directions
For more information on helmet safety, visit Ottawa Public Health: https://www.ottawapublichealth.ca/en/public-health-topics/helmet-safety.aspx
- 90’ X 200’ with 840 seated places
- 85’ X 200’
- Changing rooms
|Facility||Non-Prime Time (Monday to Friday before 16:00) + applicable taxes||Prime Time (Monday to Friday after 16:00, Saturday and Sunday) + applicable taxes|
|Rink #1 (90' x 200') With 840 seating capacity||$155.94||$319.09|
|Rink #2 (85' x 200') No seating||$155.94||$319.09|
Effective from September 1st, 2019 to August 31st, 2020.
uOttawa Minto Sports Complex
810 King Edward
The Mann Garage is available for visitors and accessible via Mann Street for $4.50/hour to a maximum of $16/day on weekdays, $9/night after 3:00 pm on weeknights and $9/day on weekends. This parking lot is operated 24/7. Special rates are available during Gee-Gees home games.