Campus rec COVID-19 updates and information
Accessing sports facilities
We are excited to be re-opening many of our facilities to students as of July 26th. We have implemented a number of new procedures in order to ensure the safety of all users. Please be sure to read the procedures below before visiting our facilities. Note students who were registered for courses during the 2020-21 academic year and who have a valid student card can access the fitness centre and do not need to purchase a summer membership.
What is open:
- Health and Lifestyle fitness centre located in Minto Sports complex – book your session
- Montpetit pool – book your lane swim
- Additional facilities to open September 7th
Employees and community members
We are excited to have re-opened the pool to students and employees. We have updated our procedures in order to ensure the safety of all visitors. Please be sure to read these procedures and book your lane swim before visiting our facilities. Please contact client services 613 562-5800 4327 or 5789 for any membership questions. All other sports facilities will continue to be available to students only until further notice as we have reduced capacity to ensure physical distancing.
Activities offered to students in sports facilities:
We will be offering the following activities, so be sure to check them out:
Things to know before using any of our facilities
For access to all of our sports facilities:
- You will have to fill out the COVID-19 self assessment tool and please stay home if you are feeling unwell.
- Masks will be required at all times in all facilities.
- Physical distancing is required in all of our facilities.
- Please come ready for your activity, water fountains will only be available to fill water bottles.
- You must bring your own lock and towel as these will not be available at the facilities.
- Student ID is required.
Accessing the Health and lifestyle centre
Before accessing the fitness centre, you must register for your workout.
Capacity will be limited to 30 registrants per time slot so make sure to sign up for your work outs promptly.
The Health and Lifestyle fitness centre will be open from 8 am – 7:30 pm, Monday - Sunday. You may register for your desired time slot two days in advance from 9 pm. Workout registration for the first day of reopening on July 26th opens on July 24th at 9 pm.
While in the fitness centre, please follow the rules:
- Practice physical distancing at all times.
- Wash your hands often.
- Disinfect equipment before and after use.
- Wear a mask at all times in the fitness centre.
- Please arrive 15 minutes prior to your reservation.
- You will have 1.25 hours to complete your work out.
Workout cancellation info:
If you are unable to attend a workout session, please cancel your workout by calling Client Services at 613-562-5800 x 5789
For those individuals who do not show up for their session and have not cancelled, we have implemented a 3-strike system. Each “no-show” will result in a strike. If an individual receives three strikes on their account, their sport facility membership will be suspended for 10 days.
Cancellations must be completed 24hrs in advance to avoid a strike.
If you have any symptoms of COVID-19, please cancel your workout session.